I know that you may be thinking that I’m a few months late for posting a pumpkin recipe… but chances are you still have a can of pumpkin in your pantry or maybe some frozen pumpkin puree that you made in the fall… so this is a good time to use it. Besides, everything is better with pumpkin, right?! Or is that bacon that I am thinking of… Either way, I think you’ll like these muffins.
Funktified Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Mix Wet Ingredients:
12 oz pumpkin
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup apple cider
1/3 cup melted vegetable shortening
1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
Mix Dry Ingredients (In a separate bowl):
1 1/4 cups all purose flour
1/2 whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of allspice
pinch of ground cloves
(You could probably substitute about 1-2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice for the spices if you’d like)
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1/8-1/4 raw sugar
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill greased muffin tins or baking cups about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle topping on each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 25-30 minutes or until the muffin is set when touched.
- Set pan on rack for 5 minutes, then remove muffins and let cool on rack.
- This recipe will make 18 muffins (If you actually fill the tins only 3/4 full.)
If you try these… come on over to Funktified Food at Facebook and show me a photo!
Looking for more recipes? Find a bunch of my simple video recipes: Funktified Food on YouTube.